I couldn’t sleep last night, so I hopped out of bed to do some logo designs. Here’s a little case study of how I produced my current logo from these sketches.
I did a lot of sketches to play around with different positioning of the words and using uppercase / lowercase to get some options. I was keen to incorporate some pretty flourishes into the logo.
I scanned this page of my sketchbook into the computer. Then, I picked my favourite hand lettered logo option and zoomed in to prepare for vectoring.
I vectored the letters using the pen tool, then adjusted the letters from the rough sketch to get a smoother look.
Finally, I added in “SABATOMIC” in a matching font to my existing logo and adjusted the flourishes so they flowed around the new element more naturally.
Hope you enjoyed this little case study of my logo development :)